Legal Support in State Procurement (tender) Procedures
Nowadays, the state constitutes one of the largest sources of business turnover in Georgia economy. State, as well as public law legal entities and state corporations procure goods and services worth of several billion Georgia Lari per year. These goods and services include construction (civil works, construction of various special facilities, roads, pipeline and irrigation constructions) works, technologies, software, insurance, fuel, office equipment and stationary, vehicles, furniture, food, clothing and other specific goods and services.
Our lawyers have vast experience in provision of legal support with respect to state procurement (tender) procedures. In particular, we offer to our clients the following services:
- General advice about Georgian procurement system and procedures
- Monitoring and provision of information about announced tender for procurement of goods and services
- Preparation of tender documents
- Advise in the process of preparation of the tender documents or legal revision of the submitted documents
- Communication with the representatives of the tender commission for the purpose of clarifying the tender terms and conditions
- Registering bidders in electronic system and uploading documents for the relevant tender
- Participating in procurement process (electronic procurement) on behalf of the clients
- Filing appeals against unfair tender terms and conditions
- Filing appeals against unfair decision of tender commission within the scope of dispute resolution chamber and/or in the courts
Our lawyers and in particular BDO’s partner - David Gelashvili has in depth experience in handling tender disputes.
Since 2010, the year when modern procurement system and current dispute resolution system were introduced, David Gelashvili and BDO team have participated in more than 30 tender disputes and most of those disputes, worth of tens of millions of Georgian Lari, were resolved in favor of our clients due to the efforts of our team.
We know needs and goals of our clients participating in tenders and also regulations applicable to state procurement. We know how to handle difficulties arising in state procurement process.