ISO 27001 Audit
Organizations need to prove they are secure to compete within the global marketplace. In today’s world, it’s not enough to just claim you are secure; potential clients, business partners and board rooms want proof. With BDO as your trusted partner, achieving and maintaining ISO 27001 certification year over year is a guaranteed reality.
The internal audit requirements are stipulated in Clause 9.2 of ISO/IEC 27001. In order to address this, as an integral part of management system processes in general, it is recommended that you approach this as a business process, not a stand-alone process you have to do because the Standard says so. Implementation of an audit process is not a one-off activity to achieve certification, but a recurring process that will be triggered at regular intervals or when there is a significant change in the organization.
The purpose of an external audit process is to ensure that the organization has taken every appropriate precaution to verify the effectiveness of its information security management system (ISMS) against the requirements of ISO 27001 and the organization’s own requirements for the ISMS. To achieve this, according to the Standard, internal audits must be conducted by objective and impartial auditor(s) (ISO/IEC 27001).
Our auditors are qualified and experienced lead auditors with both knowledge of current audit practices and practical implementation experience, enabling you to benefit from additional remediation advice.
You will receive a detailed audit report highlighting any nonconformities identified, which will help you meet the Standard’s requirements for an objective and impartial audit process. The report will provide the required assurance as to whether the ISMS continues to conform to management’s requirements and to those of ISO 27001.
The key objectives of an ISO 27001 audit are:
- To ensure that your Information Security Management System (ISMS) is compliant with the ISO 27001 standard
- To address any issues with the ISMS
- To identify any potential improvements to the ISMS
What is covered by this service?
- Audit of conformance to requirements of ISO 27001:2017;
- Audit day two: audit of selected ISMS controls and control effectiveness.
An Audit will include the following:
- Document review;
- Follow-up-a review of whether all the corrective actions raised during any previous audits have been closed
- Organizational "walkthrough" to observe the implementation of management system requirements
- Interviews with relevant staff
- The production of an internal audit report, ready for management review, which presents a summary of all the nonconformities found
- Test of controls implemented in an organization