What is CIMA
CIMA is the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants with 218,000 members and students in 177 countries. CIMA offers full professional qualification for management accountants and financial managers and its mission is to help people and business succeed.
By studying with CIMA you will be joining a global organization powered by two of the world’s leading accounting bodies (AICPA – the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and CIMA)
What is CIMA Qualification
CIMA qualification is for anyone who wants to make a career or work in management accounting environment. The qualification is very flexible in terms of entry requirements and participants can join in through various routes. The CIMA syllabus comprises of nine separate subjects that are organised in three pillars and three levels. On average, whole qualification can be completed in 4-5 years. Holders of a relevant qualification, members of other professional bodies and MBA graduates may be exempted from some CIMA exams. All exams at CIMA are computer based and can be passed at Pearson VUE centres.
The syllabus is split into three pillars and three levels, and comprises 12 exams: nine Objective Tests, and three Case Study exams.
Objective Tests are 90 minutes long, computer based and available on demand at over 5,000 Pearson VUE assessment centres worldwide.
Case Study exams are 3 hours long and available in four windows throughout the year, also computer-based and available at over 5,000 Pearson VUE assessment centres worldwide.
The three pillars represent specific areas of knowledge. The content of each pillar develops as students move up the qualification. The three pillars are interlinked to provide a coherent body of knowledge that will equip successful students with the competencies they require.
- The enterprise pillar deals with the formulation of strategy, as well as its effective implementation. It emphasizes how change management, project management, relationship management and the structuring of organizations can help to successfully implement strategy.
- The performance pillar uses the tools and techniques of management accounting and risk management to ensure that strategy is realistic and to monitor its implementation. It shows students how to use their understanding of costs to construct budgets, make decisions about prices and capital expenditure, manage costs and manage performance. It develops the ability of students to progressively identify, classify, evaluate and manage risk.
- The financial pillar focus is the financial accounting and reporting obligations of the organization. This includes an understanding of the regulatory framework and external reporting requirements, and the ability to construct and evaluate complex financial statements to show the financial position and performance of the organisation. The fundamentals of business tax are covered, as are the tax implications of financing decisions. It also looks at formulating financial strategy, which is linked to the formulation of organisational strategy in the enterprise pillar and assessing risk in the performance pillar.
The subjects in each learning pillar are designed to be sequential, from operational to strategic level, encouraging the progressive development of knowledge, techniques and skills.
The syllabus is also divided into three levels of achievement. Student progress from the operational level to the management level and finally to the strategic level. At each level students study subjects across the three pillars.
- The operational level covers the implementation of strategy, as well as reporting on the implementation of strategy. Its focus is the short-term.
- The management level translates the strategy decided at higher levels, and communicates it to lower levels for implementation. It monitors and reports on the implementation of strategy, and ensures corrective action is taken when required. It has a medium-term focus.
- The strategic level concentrates on making strategic decisions and providing the context for which those decisions will be implemented. Its focus is the long-term.
Intensive and Interactive classroom training conducted by experienced and qualified professionals with 5-15 years of work experience
- Case studies and interactive exercise to enable 'practical learning'
- Conducting pop quizzes and mock exams
- Revision Class and exam technique sessions
- All trainings are after working hours except week-ends
Certificate level - 650 GEL
Operational level - 700 GEL
Management level -750 GEL
Strategic level - 800 GEL
All prices include VAT