BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 1
31 January 2020
Original content provided by BDO
BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review.
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving - and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In issue 1 of 2020 we take a close look to what has been a subdued year of deal making and how we see 2020 panning out. We are also providing commentary on:
- Global view - Ending the year as it began but with good reasons to be cheerful
- Special feature - USA Private Capital: Outlook 2020
- North America - Mid-market M&A activity plunges to six year low but better times lie ahead
- Latin America - M&A activity picks up with best performance for six quarters
- UK & Ireland - Overall environment for M&A in the region remains reasonably healthy
- China - Deal activity bounces back in Q4 as trade tensions ease
- Natural Resources - Key political events continue to impact commodity prices
- TMT - Will new hotspots and need to have technologies create a bounce back?
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.